Nebraska Firearm Hunter Education Classroom Course
Firearm Hunter Education Courses will provide instruction in the areas of safe firearm use, shooting and sighting techniques, hunter ethics, game identification, and conservation management. Hunters ages 12 through 29 must have completed Firearm Hunter Education and carry proof on their person when hunting anything with a firearm or air gun.
About the Class
Firearm Hunter Education Courses are offered by knowledgeable and dedicated volunteer instructors. Hunters ages 12 through 29 must have completed Firearm Hunter Education and carry proof on their person when hunting anything with a firearm or air gun. Students 11 years of age and older on the examination day will be able to take the test and complete the course and may be issued a certificate of successful completion of the course.
The Classroom Course must include a minimum of 8 hours of instruction and be a minimum of 2 sessions. Most classes offered are 2 to 5 sessions.
We do not prevent attendance based on age; however:
- Any child under 11 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian every session;
- Those under 11 years of age will be required to complete the class in full following their eleventh birthday. Online registration is only available to those ages 11 and older;
- At the first session, everyone under 18 years of age must give the instructor a signed, completed Parental Release Form (download, print, and sign);
- All students under 19 years of age should be accompanied by a parent/guardian to the first session to ensure appropriate information is received on dates, sessions, and additional requirements.
NOTICE: Hunter Education classroom courses are now being offered again, in limited capacity. Procedures regarding social distancing and disinfecting are in place for the safety of our volunteer instructors and students. In coordination with the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission COVID 19 Response Plan, class sizes will be limited to ensure social distancing and support best health practices. We appreciate your understanding at this time. The online-only program is still available, as well as the Apprentice Exemption Certificate and we encourage the use of these options for those who may feel uncomfortable in a classroom setting at this time. Please contact Jackson Ellis at email@example.com or call (402) 471-6134.
May 17 Mon
Registration Open 25 of 25 seats remaining
Location & Schedule
Maplewood United Methodist Church Omaha, NE 68134
- Monday, May 17, 2021 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Plus, 3 additional days.
Jun 4 Fri
Registration Open 9 of 10 seats remaining
Location & Schedule
Alliance Fire Hall Training Room Alliance, NE 69301
- Friday, June 4, 2021 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Plus, 1 additional day.