Today's Wildlife Field Identification Guide
Buy the ebook $1.99
Nebraska Firearm Hunter Education Field Day
Field days are offered by knowledgeable and dedicated volunteer instructors. Students 11 years of age and older on the examination day will be able to take the test and complete the course and may be issued a certificate of successful completion of the course.
These courses will provide instruction in the areas of safe firearms use, shooting and sighting techniques, hunter ethics, game identification, and conservation management.
About the Online Independent Study Course
It is recommended that before the completion of the online independent study course, you are at least 14 years of age and you have registered for a field day that you can attend.
In order to participate in a Field Day, You must provide proof that you successfully completed the online independent study. You must print out the certificate of completion provided by the online course vendor.
To access the online course, visit one of the following:
In order to be tested and receive a certificate of completion, all students must be at least 11 years of age.
About the Class
At the field day, you will be tested to ensure you retained the knowledge from the online course. You must pass this test with a minimum of 85 percent in order to participate in the field day and be certified.
(Students are responsible for payment of all fees to online course vendors and must have documentation from the vendor it was completed before the field day event.)
Instruction hours of a Hunter Education Field Day Course must include a minimum of 4 hours. Most classes offered are 4-7 hours in length. Field day events are most often accomplished outdoors and students must dress for the weather and current conditions.
We do not prevent attendance based on age; however:
- Any child under 11 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian every session;
- Those under 11 years of age will be required to complete the class in full following their eleventh birthday. Online registration is only available to those ages 11 and older;
- At the first session, everyone under 18 years of age must give the instructor a signed, completed Parental Release Form (download, print, and sign);
- All students under 19 years of age should be accompanied by a parent/guardian to the first session to ensure appropriate information is received on dates, sessions, and additional requirements.
Find events near you
Mar 8 Sat
Registration Open 6 of 15 seats remaining
Location & Schedule
Karp and Krow Ord, NE
- Saturday, March 8, 2014 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Mar 29 Sat
Registration Open 20 of 25 seats remaining
Location & Schedule
Ravenna High School Ravenna, NE
- Saturday, March 29, 2014 12:15pm - 5:00pm